Sunday morning - and it´s gonna be a great day

Paal Travel Blog

8:13am

I had made an agreement with one of my friends who just came back to Brussels - actually he lives in Mechelen - that we sunday morning should go out and play golf. The day before had been a beautiful day and it seemed like this sunday was going to be fine as well. The golf club I play in is in is situated in the city Paal which is 90 km north east of Brussels in the region called Limbourg. This morning there was naturally no traffic, so getting there was quite fast even though there was fog different places on the way there.

My friend Mark and his son had arrived before me and they where already finished with there practice. We teeed off at 7.

9:20am
30 pm - which was probably the earliest possible in order to have a chance for finding the balls. The air was fresh and the sun wasn´t up yet, but it was on it´s way.

Walking in the wet grass and looking back at your footprint in the dew is actually a bit ground breaking in a small way. I cannot help it - there is something nice about beeing the first - even if its just for the day. I have the same sensation when I walk on a beach the morning after the big waves have hit the beach and leveled the sand in to a fine sliding carpet - it feels good. I can only imagine how the great explores must have felt when they actually stepped somewhere where nobody ever or rarely had been.

This time I brought my camera - I had thought about it many times playing this early because there are some really beautiful places along the lake that surrounds the golf couse on one side. There is also an asphalted path round the lake where bikers, rollerbladers, walkers and many more enjoy the scenery. This morning I was happy that I was able to take pictures - because the combination of a rising sun, mist and dew was a perfect cocktail for my morning.

Millennium Golf