Exploring Amsterdam

Amsterdam Travel Blog

Amsterdam city center
My flight was delayed by more than an hour. But when I finally arrived at Schiphol Airport it got even worse. I tried to figure out how to get to my hotel. I was told there is a shuttle bus which would bring me straight to the hotel. After walking around for a while I found the alleged bus stop just to find out that that it's not the one I was looking for.  I ask the bus driver where to go and he gave me directions. There I had to find out that I have to buy a ticket at the counter inside of the airport. Ok, I went back inside, desperately trying to find the counter. I finally found it after a couple of minutes, I think I don't have to say that my mood wasn't the best anymore. Anyways, I bought a ticket, went outside and saw all those people standing there. An old couple from the UK told me they have been waiting for almost an hour and no bus had shown up.
Amsterdam city center
Slightly annoyed I was waiting for the bus and 30 mins later I was on. Next stop wasn't my hotel, it was a beautiful traffic jam on the motorway which caused me another delay of I don't know how many minutes. At 4.30, and I couldn't believe it, I was at my hotel. That wasn't my idea of exploring Amsterdam!

At the hotel I met my friend Cliff. He's on a Around-The-World-Tour and it happend that he was in Amsterdam the same time I was. I met Cliff in Boston in July and he was kind enough to show me around in his hometown and had some pints afterwards.

Today, we took it easy and just walked along the city. In the evening we caught up with my friend and flatmate Daniel and went to Pizza Hut to grab some food. Tomorrow will hopefully be a better day :)
Indiana_Jones says:
thanks to your travel blog I have a lil idea about Amsterdam beforehand .. I would be visiting it next month
Posted on: Feb 17, 2008