Arrived at Puno

Puno Travel Blog

October 23

Sorry its been to long since our last entry.  We have been having major issues with the internet.  On top of that Peru had a country wide house arrest for everyone who didn´t work in the tourist field due to a census.

A few days ago we toured the Sacred Valley. The ruins were magnificent but they definatly were not the highlight of the trip.  Our last stop of the trip was Chinchero, it is a place that we will always remember.  The pupose of the stop was to visit an old spanish cathedral.  On the way to the cathedral we ran into a group of school kids playing volleyball without a net.  At first I wanted to take a picture of them,  they wanted to charge me for that, so I didn´t.  I stood there and watched for a while until the ball came flying at me.  I told them if they wanted the ball back they would have to let us play.  They were excited to see the Guringos play.  We each played on different teams.  Before we knew it the whole town was watching us play as well as other tour groups.  The mountains in the backdrop, a heard of cattle walking the streets behind us and the laughing on the childrens faces has made it one of the most wonderful expirences of our lives.

Puno