Racist Ice Cream and Shrunken Heads

Lima Travel Blog

Dos chinitos?

Leave it to Lima to make dessert controversial. There's a big ice cream parlor near Parque Kennedy with some awesomely huge ice cream dishes. Also available are the "Chinito" an ice cream scoop with slant eyes and a mustache, and the "Mexicano", an ice cream scoop with a pineapple sombrero.

The white girl behind me in line was shocked. I figured, when in rome, and ordered a Chinito. Here is a picture of me posing with my butchered hair and my racist ice cream. I guess I'd kinda look like him if I had a mustache.... and an umbrella in my head and a wafer in my back.

Next, we headed over to the National Museum, which is full of ancient artifacts like pre-Incan pottery and even mummy heads.

Atousa completes the evolutionary chain
Here's a picture of Atousa, blending in.

The top floor of the museum has a exhibit of Peru in the 80's, documenting the bloody conflict with the Shining Path. Unfortunately, most of it was in Spanish, but the photographs were very powerful nonetheless.

Oddly, the museum kinda skipped everything that happened in Peru between the 1600's and the 1980's. It's like... .I'm sure some stuff happened then?

For our last night in Peru, we went to La Rosa Nautica, one of the most well known restaurants in Lima. It's location is enchanting, on the end of a long peir (quite cool to see from paragliding), where you dine right over the waves. The food was pretty mediocre in my book, and, of course, the peir leading up to the restaurant is stock full of expensive tourist shops. My full review is below.

Dos chinitos?
Atousa completes the evolutionary …
Atousa completes the evolutionary…
atousa joins the revolucion
atousa joins the revolucion
view from la rosa nautica
view from la rosa nautica
jp and i tango at la rosa nautica
jp and i tango at la rosa nautica
Lima Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
La Rosa Nautica is one of Lima's most famous restuarants. It's absolutely gorgeous location at the end of a pier under the Lima cliffs is its best qua… read entire review
Lima