AsiaChinaBeijing

24 hours in Beijing

Beijing Travel Blog

On my way back to Israel, I had 1 night stop in Beijing for pleasure and business. It's probably my last time in Beijing in the next years, so I wanted to enjoy this day as much as I can.

The minute I got to the hotel, I dropped my stuff and ran to the subway, and got to the Silk Market for last time shoppings. I had a list of things to buy for my friends and family, so I quickly ran to my favorite shoe seller (Li), chose the shoes I needed to buy (3 pairs), gave her the money (no need to bargain anymore when you know the seller and she likes you), hugged her for goodbye, promised to come back the first time i'll be back in China, and ran to the second floor. Here I quickly bought a very nice chinese painting of bamboo to a friend at work, and then went to the upper floor to buy very nice sets of chopsticks from another favorite seller. On the way I met another girl I bought a belt from her, and she recognized me and bid me farewell.

After finishing with the shopping I ran back to the hotel, quick shower and off I went to Hou-Hai area for dinner on the lake with my family's friend. This man is amazing. He is around 65 years old, and he lives in Beijing and enjoys his life there. He is dating girls and going out all the time. Not to mention he's a salesman for a big satellite company so he's going to a lot of business dinners and trips around the country, signing contracts worth millions and cutting a very nice percentage out of them. Everytime I come to Beijing I drop and say hi to him. Usually he buys me dinner and a drink - company's expense ;)

After I said goodbye to him, I continued to my favorite bar in Beijing - Huxley's (see a review I wrote about this place), and sat with the bartendar (Jackson) and some other guys till 2am. Jackson wants to go travelling now, so I gave him some tips about places I recommend in the fareast. The other guys were some chinese couple, really cute and funny, who insisted on getting me drunk with vodka redbull... come on... no way it will affect me ;)

Thursday came, with a very hard wake up call at 7:30. Rushed to pack my stuff and go to the office for the last time. Had some meetings, ate my last dumplings meal in China in a famous dumplings restaurant, and went to the airport.

In the airport I sat in my usual table where I have power plug just next to it so I can see some movie while waiting for the airplane, and bought my family their favorite Rice Wine that comes inside a Bamboo - highly recommended!

Said goodbye to China - and I really hope to come back here sooner then expected!

Beijing