London to Scotland

Edinburgh Travel Blog

View from Edinburgh Castle
We had technical difficulties in London.  Essentially we had very poor internet connection so I was unable to update the blog.  We have been in Edingburgh for 2 days and we love the city.

First of all I love London.  I don't know why specifically, but I do.  John and I both took an afternoon to hang out on our own.  John walked from the National Gallery back to Kensington to our hotel.  He took photos and got to see a part of the city he has never seen before.  Later that night we both went to the Belgravia area.  WOW!  The homes are beautiful and the area is very posh.  I of course when shopping with my time after we left the National Gallery.  I headed down to Covent Garden.
Entry of Edinburgh Castle
  I went to Gap and the stuff there was so cool, but no more discount for me and the exchange rate is crap so I was good and kept on "window" shopping.  I had  a great time anyway.  There is a Benefit store here too!  I did buy a cool scarf in H&M and I have worn it everyday since.   We had great Indian food one night which we love.

We went to Camden market one day too.  Crazy, it reminds me with Haight street, but even bigger and more crowded.  One area has a ton of food stalls.  Every cuisine from every part of the world (Argentina beef, North Africia rice dishes, Indian and even Mexican(???)).  It was fun to walk around.  I couldn't eat the food.  I know I should be more adventurous, but I fear random food from questionable places, plus one girl wiped her nose and kept on serving (GROSS!).
Holyrood Park

We stayed at an amazing hotel in London (thank you amex points).  Our hotel was in Kensington on Gloucester Road.   We really enojoyed the area great bakeries, right next to the tube stop and a wonderful cafe.  The best part was our king size bed.  It was huge and we have been missing it here in Edinburgh, but we will live.  We took the train on Tuesday afternoon to Edinburgh.  The train ride was a great adventure.  The English countryside was beautiful very green, lots of sheep and cows and quite a few nuclear power plants (we saw at least 5).

Here in Edinburgh we went to the Castle and saw the honors of Scotland (the crown jewels).  It was a little cheesy, but we had to see them since we were at the castle.
Castle chapel
  The castle dominates the cityscape, it sits ontop a dead volcano and one side is wall of sheer rock, very impressive.  After we wandered around the castle we walked the "Royal Mile".  We found John's family tartan and crest.  The Murray clan plaid is nice, but I really like the plaid for the Morrison clan, oh well.  Today is our 5 year wedding anniversary, we decided to have a nice dinner in Amsterdam instead of here in Scotland.  We really like it here, but the exchange rate is bad and the Euro is a little better.  So good bye British islands....

Tomorrow we fly to Amsterdam and we will be there for a week.  So stay tuned for the next installment.

The pictures are mine so don't be too disappointed.  If we post John's pictures to the blog Travbuddy can use the pictures without his consent, so be gentle with my amateurish and lame photos.

We miss you all and we really look forward to your comments on the blog and your emails.
annekiernan says:
I love reading your travel blog. Makes me wish that the kids where old so we could just travel. Have a wonderful time and keep us posted on your adventures.

Anne Kiernan
Posted on: Oct 13, 2007
tiffyd72 says:
I HEART Covent Gardens and Queen of Tarts. Good stuff. Can't wait to hear of your adventures in Hookerland (Amsterdam)! We miss you. Today is rainy and cold and I can't wait to get into my jammies at home and watch TV on the interwebs. Love the blog.
Posted on: Oct 12, 2007