Dublin to London

London Travel Blog

Christ Church
We've decided that we did not love Dublin.  It could have been the jet lag or the god awful fashion sense of most of the Dubliners not to mention the cloud of cigarette smoke surronding the fashion victims.  We did try some fish n' chips which was great in small doses with a Lipitor chaser.  We had great coffee, scones and beer.  As we were walking the city, we found three great places to eat.  Grub we went to for dinner, great food, cool atmosphere and good prices.  The city hall in Dublin has a great cafe in the basement, we loved the food and the cool vibe and last but not least was Queen of Tarts.  AMAZING!  We had dessert one night and went back the next morning for breakfast.

Today we left Dublin for London.  London was not on the original itinerary, but we love this city.  Too expense, but we are only for a few days before we head to Scotland and go hang out with Johnny's ancestors.  John keeps speaking with an accent and it is annoying, but amusing nontheless.  The question is will he have a Scottish accent later this week?

Since we didn't get into town until later this evening, we haven't done much here yet.  We are going to try a place called Toots (thanks Michael) for dessert and we want to go to Camden Market (thanks Carrie) and we will also do a little shopping.  I am in need of a little retail therapy.  We will post again soon!

laurenbarhite says:
Hi guys:

So glad you are having a good time. I'm SO jealous especially with a sick boy at home. I can only live vicariously through you.........enjoy....for you and me!

Can't wait to see what we did next. Hee hee

Lauren
Posted on: Oct 11, 2007
lindapharvey says:
Schmoo's, I get so excited every time I sign into your blog to see what you are doing now. I feel like were traveling with you. Who knows some day?! When little men are much bigger and can stay home with Grandma or Auntie Monica. The pictures are beautiful! When you guys get to Italy I will send some great places to see and eat. For now have a great time and do some shopping for me!! John you know I should be shopping with her not you! (Ha Ha). Lord know we could do some serious damage!!!! I miss you guys be safe and I will talk to you later.
Love you both, Schmoo
Posted on: Oct 09, 2007
jendoane says:
HEY!!!! This website is so cool! I feel like we're right there with you (minus the travel sickness). I miss you terribly!!! Sounds like you are having a great time though ;) Do a little shopping for me too and take care!!! Say hi to John for me! xoxo jen
Posted on: Oct 08, 2007