Dublin Jet Lag

Dublin Travel Blog

The view from our hotel room
John and I have been in Dublin for 36 hours.  We were jet lagged for the first 30.  I think we finally feel somewhat normal.  Dublin is ok.  We already changed our plans and cancelled our jaunt to the Irish countryside and instead we're headed to LONDON!!  We just weren't feelin' the drive to Kenmare or the slow pace of the Irish countryside.  We're still trying to downshift and get used to the new pace.

We have walked around a lot.  I had a half pint of cider and Johnny had a Guinness on our first night.  We have been to the National Gallery, Temple Bar District and too many other areas to name (actually I can't remember the names).   Tomorrow we are headed for the Guinness  brewery,  Christ church (which we can see outside our hotel window) and to St. Patrick's Cathedral, but most importantly we will be eating at a fish n' chip shop.

So, question for all you people reading our blog.  We are leaving for London on Saturday, October 6 for 3 nights.  Suggestions??  Or Edinburgh?? Give us some ideas of places we should check out or restaurants we should try.
pammyd says:
Leo Burdocks is the best fish and chips in Dublin and is RIGHT next door to your hotel...
Posted on: Oct 05, 2007
emmonroe says:
We figured that London couldn't be far out of your plans. I'm so glad that you are deciding as you go about where you are traveling next too. Hope that the restorative Guinness helped with the jet lag. In London, we've had great curry in dives on Brick Lane on the East End. And of course, Wagamama's. Also, if you are day tripping and haven't been to Bath, cool town, should be especially calm this time of year. Good cream tea.

As far as Edinburgh, we ate mostly in local "fast food" places, which meant soup, jacket potatoes as big as your head, etc. No fancy dinners there for us, but now I want a big baked potato!
Posted on: Oct 05, 2007
inah_1003 says:
Did you change your plans because you didn't want to drive?! I miss you so much. Please say Hi to my buddy John for me. Drink a glass or 2 for me! Have fun!!!!! Keep us posted! Love, Inah
Posted on: Oct 04, 2007