The Hague Travel Blog

As promised to another TravBuddy, here's a photoblog of some Dutch beaches. When one thinks of the word 'Beach', quite often images of warm summerdays come to mind. However, I think a beach is beautiful year round. Therefore I will make pictures throughout the seasons and post them here. All of the photos are made in 'Scheveningen', 'Kijkduin' and 'Noordwijk'. I will update this photoblog as often as I can. Enjoy :)
Sweetski says:
The one in Zandvoort you refer to, Marek, is our formula 1 racetrack and it has been there for as long as I can remember (so at least 35 years) It's only a small part of the dunes that is closed off there ;-)
Posted on: Jun 11, 2013
hujera says:
Unfortunately no beaches in the Czech Republic, apart from those near lakes, created by toping up a sand. It is mostly grass, which makes a surface close to the rivers and lakes.

There are some sandy beaches here in Scotland, but you need to find a really warm weather to enjoy them. There's one with dunes near Aberlady - we've been there some time ago. The day was really hot, so it looked like in Italy, Spain or Greece there.

I am afraid, that the one in Zandwoort has been changed to a cross environment for motorcycles and fenced, so I was disappointed, as the dunes were better, than that...
Posted on: Jun 11, 2013
Sweetski says:
I'm glad you like our beaches :) The dunes being closed for public could have two reasons; during breeding season of the dominant animal and bird species and whenever there is maintenance. Every few years, the dunes are heightened to ensure our save being behind them :)

Too bad Czech Republic doesn't have beaches, unless of course there are some on the lake shores?
Posted on: Jun 10, 2013