AfricaGhanaHo

First month

Ho Travel Blog

This is a year of firsts for me.  This is my first time travelling outside of North America and this is my first ever blog!  I am in Ghana to teach at Sonrise Christian High School.  I have found the people here to be wonderful.  They are all very friendly.  The food isn't bad.  I don't mind fufu but I have trouble swallowing it without chewing.  I'm not fond of kenkey but it is edible.

My first week here I was very homesick.  It didn't help that I caught a cold.  Once I started exploring a little bit I started getting over it.

I have been teaching Christian Religious Studies for three weeks now.  The kids are great although I am finding that they struggle to understand what I am saying at times.  I talk way too fast!  I am having trouble learning Ewe.  I know a few words but it goes so fast.

I did get to go on a field trip to a botanical garden just south of here.  It was beautiful.  I am looking forward to doing more sight seeing.  I would love to visit some of the game reserves.  I also want to go to Cape Coast

I am looking forward to this year and the many more adventures to come.