My 1st day in New York :)

New York Travel Blog

arriving to NYC

Yeah! Today is the day! Let’s go to NYC ;) First thing you should now about the location is that this city has 5 boroughs: the Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens and Staten Island. Not all of them are loved by the tourist, but anyway I wanted to visit all of them, hahaha, and so I did. There are so many things to see and do over there, everyone will find something perfect!  I was there in fall, so it wasn't too hot but also not cool.

We left Fleetwood at the morning. I left my big bag at Chris’ and just took with me a small bag. We were thinking about staying there for 3 days.  Would that be enough time???

We arrived to NYC at noon, around 12:30pm. His friends were working at that time, so we walked around by our own.

with Chris, my host, in a bar in NYC
I was so excited about the idea of being in NYC, that I didn’t care about having to carry my bag -  well it wasn’t too big, hahaha. But it was a bit heavy.

We were hungry and had… pizza, hahaha! I have been told that I had to try pizza in NYC. It was part of the experience of being there.

Although Chris visits NYC regularly, it was different joining me because it was my 1st time there. So, we went to the Information Center in order to get some maps and info about what to do in NYC – well, there is a lot of things to do and see, but we have to figure it out how to do the most in the few days we were thinking about spending there.

The transportation in NYC is very well organized. I’m thinking about the subway. You can drive almost everywhere with it. We just got a MetroCard and didn’t have to worry about transportation anymore. ;)

One of the first things I wanted to know in NYC was: Times Square! This was the beginning, then we just kept on walking through Broadway Ave.

walking in Times Square

I was amazed by all the tall buildings and the huge amount of people walking in the streets. Everyone seemed to be in a hurry, trying to arrive on time somewhere. I could see there people from all over the world. I love this city!

We were in the Theater District, Garment District, Midtown West and Midtown South. It was already around 6pm and we met Chris’ friends. They have been working and now were free to join us. We went to a pub for the Happy Hour, but the plan was going later to a nice/fancy club where another friend worked as a barman, hahaha. Always knowing the right people ;)

It was a good idea having my bag with me, so I could get dressed :)

It’s a shame I didn’t write down the name of the place. I just remember it was at the top of a nice hotel and had an amazing view.

We had a couple of drinks and hang out until it was time to go to Queens.

Ok, 2 boroughs in 1 day: Manhattan and Queens.

ctjevans says:
hey, guess what... it's Christmas season now! I guess it's time for you to come back to NY ;-)
Posted on: Nov 29, 2007
arriving to NYC
with Chris, my host, in a bar in N…
with Chris, my host, in a bar in …
Times Square ;)