Kayaking in the Bay

San Francisco Travel Blog

San Francisco, from the Bay

I've been doing a lot of developing of disposable cameras now that my SD800 has died (thanks to a tragic encounter with a badly made Thai water bottle), some of them which have been lying around forever.

This one was a pleasant surprise -- photos of me and JP kayaking in the Bay about a year ago!

We rented Kayaks and paddled around the Bay, under the Bay Bridge, right next to giant ships, waving hi to sailors, past the ballpark, underneath the 3rd St. Bridge and down Mission Creek. The calm waters are a perfect environment for beginners, so we didn't need a guide or anything. We even saw a sea lion bobbing up in the water right next to us.

I actually kinda like the faded watercolor effect the crappy camera has given the exposures. Pretty, washed out, rainy and cold -- just another day in the city floating under the Bay Bridge...

thenewextrememimi says:
Yah, who wouldn't love that little wide angle lens so small you could shove it down your pants while traveling in areas prone to muggings. Sigh. Oh well. The G9's in the mail!!
Posted on: Feb 19, 2008
oldschoolbill says:
I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your dear SD800. Who can forget its LENS: 4.6 - 17.3mm mm f/2.8 - 5.8 IS. It is with all the great Canons who have gone before it. Rest in Peace!
Posted on: Feb 19, 2008