Chinatown! FOB Fashion! Dim Sum!

San Francisco Travel Blog

Do these fit?

JP, Patrick and I went for Dim Sum in Chinatown at some place that I think was called Golden Mountain. Have you ever noticed that you can basically make a random name generator for Chinese Restaurants? Like, watch... Pick a word from column A:

Golden

Lotus

Palace

See? It's all the same.

Moon Festival party
Oh, yah, word to the wise. This page is going to be a little un-PC. But only because I can so those things about my own peoples.

So anyway, dim sum was good, although we came to the conclusion that most dim sum places are all the same. We also had a heated Carts vs. Ordering debate. I'm on the side of carts. Our overall conclusion was that the Richmond (aka NewChinatown) is better for Chinese food than Chinatown Classic.

Chinatown has some great stores for FOB fashion though. Dude, these shirts crack me up.

Exhibit 1: Tshirt saying "Cal State San Marcos"

Exhibit 2: Tshirt with Britney Spears' photo saying "Fantasize the Youth. Years an eye several decadesesesLed the fine youth imperceptably Cherish the fine recollection"

Exhibit 3: Hello Kitty pajamas that, from far away, totally look like they say "You White Hor"

Exhibit 4: kid's panties with words taken straight from a KitchenAid stainless steel filter box

Damn, I would have bought those panties if they were bigger. But I managed to walk away with some pots and pans and a cute paper lantern instead. Oh and mooncakes. I ended up throwing a moon festival party the next weekend. The mooncakes were as I remember from my childhood -- kinda disgusting. Patrick and I agreed that mooncakes are like the Chinese fruitcake... gross, but you  just have to have them at holiday time.

Moon Festival party
Kitty says: You White Hor!
Kitty says: You White Hor!
FOB panties