Denver Travel Blog

Its overflowing!

I have no idea what to bring, how much to bring or even how to get it all in my suitcase!  Its 2230, 2 days b4 my flight on an adventure.  I'm caught between bringing enough to bringing too much.  And now I'm procrastinating cause I really don't want to pack anymore.

Lets see, alittle about this trip.  When I was in Guatemala a couple years ago, a friend told me about a group called Mercy Ships, an organization that travels all over the world on a ship and provides surgeries to those who would otherwise go untreated.  When I got home, I looked them up and thought, hey thats something I wouldn't mind doing, but I'm in nursing school right now, I'll do it when I'm done.  After nursing school, the whole idea of doing a trip with the Mercy Ships was still in the back of my mind, but I kept finding excuses, I have to get a job, need to get experience, need to get settled, blah, blah, blah.  Finally at the beginning of this year I was like, if I don't do this now, I'm not going to do it.  So I prayed about it and finally turned in my application mid-May.  Not too much later, I got a response and the ball got rolling.  Now, here I am, less than 36 hours away from jumping a plane and flying halfway around the world, to a place I've never been, to work with people I've never met and to make a difference in someone's life.  Who would have thought?

If you want more info about Mercy Ships, here's thier website:

photo by: crystalware