Mount Hood - welcome to the Hood!

Mount Hood Travel Blog

wow, isnt this beautiful

Marty, George and Emmy decided to take me to Mount Hood for the day.  Mount Hood is a stratovolcano in the Cascade Volcanic Arc in Northern Oregon. It is located 50miles southeast of Portland. We set out from Vancouver about 10 in the morning, reaching Mount Hood around 11.30 as we took a scenic route driving down desolate Oregon roads. One of my happiest memories of the day was listening to the funniest radio station. Blue Swede - Hooked on a Feeling was playing and we turned it up really loud and all sang along, it was so funny. The song is famous for being used in Ally McBeal with the dancing baby (ooga shucka ooga ooga ooga shucka!).

We reached Mount Hood, parked up and made our way to Timberline Lodge where we had some lunch and it was one of the nicest meals I had whilst in the States.

*taken from a website*
We walked around Timberline and I found out that the Lodge had been used as the exterior of the film The Shining in the opening sequences which is so cool! Marty and George were great tour guides and we had such a fun day. The Mountain is incredibly beautiful and so big!

Lyrics to describe the day: 'We are what everyone wants to be, we are young and carefree, life's a  breeze for people like you and me, if you look life lays out just like a road. Its for us to grab ahold. There's no one that can tell us no. So come on baby, lets just have fun, lets breathe some stardust into our lungs, lets drive too fast, lets go too far, when our heart beats it lets us know that we're alive, and that we are doin' just fine'   Jewel - Doin Fine

X_Drive says:
I hope you got to see the several other waterfalls along the Columbia River Gorge where you saw Multnomah Falls.
Posted on: Jun 05, 2008