Toronto and its island airport

Toronto Travel Blog

A cold front and storms were just ahead of us, so we flew the northern route around the great lakes. About 4 hours flight took us into Canada, Sault St Marie just across the border on Lake Huron. We breezed through customs and filed the flight plan to Toronto. However, in the air, the air traffic controller diverted us from the original destination airport at the City Center to Buttonville, so we had to scramble and let my friends know to pick us up there instead. Anyway, the weather was coperative and we landed safely, after going through a layer of clouds at about 5000 ft (Kevin has instrument rating). On the way, we saw plenty of fall foliage, and actually more and more as the day went on, there were yellow, orange and red trees (patches really, from the air) dotted among many lakes of various sizes. It was very pretty, and I tried to take a few photos. But it's hard to get good photos from inside the airplane, so we will see if any of them is worth showing later.

My friend Amy and her husband David picked us up and we had a late dinner at a Boston Pizza, watching some Canadian hocky between Toronto and Ottawa (I think Toronto was trailing when we left...) and we will spend the next 3 nights at Amy's.
Toronto