A bad day!

Sharm El Sheik Travel Blog

I had a terrible night’s sleep, it seems I had a touch of food poisoning, my morning was a complete right off and being sick there wasn’t much I could do but lounge by the pool, it’s a hard life!

Today Vaughan, myself and Christine  were heading to Sharm El Sheik and we had to organise our own transport. The hotel was very good and told us what bus to get and they even organised a taxi for us.  Our Taxi was at 3pm in the afternoon and one of the chaps from the hotel came with us to help us with the tickets and make sure we got on the right bus!  The ticket was cheap the bus was comfortable with nice scenic views along the way. Sharm came as a bit of a surprise to us it was clean and the central reservations were landscaped  with neatly manicured flower beds. The main centre was buzzing with clubs, restaurants and flashy hotels nothing like the rest of Egypt it was more like a flashy Spanish resort town I took a dislike to it straight away. At the bus station about hundred taxi’s were waiting and we were descended on very quickly.  Our hotel was lovely just a few kilometers out from the main centre.  We were taken to the hotel joining point for our liveaboard and it was there that I discovered that my small bag that I had my dive computer,mask and fleece was missing. I looked everywhere I must of left it either in the taxi or on the bus. My heart sank and I was very upset, the dive operators called the bus company but they came back and said it wasn’t onboard, my day was shitful. We were fitted out with wetsuits, fins etc and I borrowed a crappy mask, I was really going to miss mine.  We were picked up and taken to the dive boat where we met the crew and the rest of the group that we would be diving with over the next 3 days. The boat was lovely but I was feeling drained and upset and was in no mood to party with my fellow passengers so I missed out on that evening’s meal and went to bed.

7,212 km (4,481 miles) traveled