AsiaIndiaMumbai

Bombay Day 1

Mumbai Travel Blog

Gateway of India

at last arrived India.  As the pilot was announcing our arrival to Mumbai India, I was trying to get a glimpse of Mumbai from the plane.  I could see lights across the country, the piece of land covered with glittering lights somehow looks really vast, at a point where I was confused if I was looking up to the sky or looking down staring at the city of Mumbai.

As soon as I grab my luggage from the rotating luggage claim counter I felt relieved from the long day travelling, although India looks very close to the Maldives in the map, apparently its about 12 hours to reach Mumbai, well that includes my transit in Colombo, but still - left Maldives at 10am and reach Mumbai 9.45pm.

breakfast in bed
As soon as I got out of the line where they asked the embarkation card two gentlemen greeted me and confirmed my name. He introduced me to the driver and took my luggage from my hand.  He got me settled in the car and then I was served with cold face towel and a bottle of mineral water.  The driver was very entertaining, explained the streets and the buildings along the way.  The drive was 45mins he told me, however as I was desperate for a shower and bed, I counted every minute which actually took an hour and 17 mins.  When we reached the hotel, I was escorted to my room right away by the guest relations officer.  The hotel was huge, I just followed her while she was explaining where is what, to me it was like listening to an ipod with an unknown song.  Then, she must have realised that I look lost, she told me not to worry as she said she still find the place like a maze even if she was there for a while. Aha! that felt better - I thought.

CrazyLisa says:
Now thats the way to travel!
Posted on: Oct 25, 2007