Katoomba - Blue Mountains - 3 sisters

Katoomba Travel Blog

me wearing a german girls thong on my head

So we arrived here 2 days ago after spending 2 days in Sydney. The reason for only spending two days in sydney and bondi is due to the fact i think its the kind of place that once you have seen it you dont really need to see it again, Sydney is a beautiful clean city but reminds me of London more than i could believe.

So we packed up bags and moved out of the worlds worst hostel and hopped on a train and traveled 2 hours west of sydney to arrive in katoomba. Katoomba can be described as hill billy town, its not very busy the climate is completely different to Sydney but it is nice to be somewhere cool for a change (especially after being in Asia).

one of the 3 sisters
We found Katoomba's YHA which is lovely, clean, friendly and very nice beds and showers (makes a nice change). We dropped our stuff down and went to the supermarket to buy some much needed supplies. To my shock the economy brands were more expensive then they are back home which was a bit of a shock, but our shopping list comprised of.

Loaf of bread / 3 pizzas / Juice / sweets / fags and cheap wine :)

The Following day we went trekking to the blue mountains, in particular the 3 Sisters. The Only way i can describe the 3 sisters is probably Australia's answer to the Grand Canyon but with more trees.

It is an incredible beautiful area and it takes you're breath away when you stand at the number of lookout points along the trail. As far as the eye can see our mountains and thick forest, was an impressive view.

I had a snake stick with me just incase but luckily for me we didnt see anything too deadly.

We spent around 4 hours walking around and viewing the landscape, was a very cool experience. After getting back to the YHA Craig decided i should go to the hospital to try and get my motor bike wounds sorted out as 2 are very badly infected and didnt seem to be showing any sign of healing. We got to the hospital and only had to wait for 15 minutes which is a far cry from the 4 hour waits back home. A nice doctor called me in and had a look at my arm and leg and said due to the humidity of thailand they were not healing as well as they would back home, but said not to worry and the infection would go down, but i would have scaring (more to add to the collection i suppose).

Laura has left us today and Craig and I are staying in Katoomba untill monday when we are getting a greyhound bus up to Surfers paradise which is around a 16 hour bus journey, not really a problem as i am very used to the long journeys now :).

I'm looking forward to seeing my good mate mike up in Surfers and enjoying the free accomodation he offers too :).

Well its a Friday today so its party night in this dead town, there is 1 bar that only gets busy on friday so we are having it up tonight!

Anyway short and sweet, love to all :)

enjoy the pics

x

me wearing a german girls thong on…
me wearing a german girls thong o…
one of the 3 sisters
Laura and i share and emotional mo…
Laura and i share and emotional m…
Wollumai Lookout
The main road
The main road
A typical oz house
A typical oz house
Me ready with the snake stick
Me ready with the 'snake stick'
Katoomba