Australia's zoo (steve irwin) and surfing at paradise

Robina Travel Blog

the surf pose on paradise

Well its been a busy few days, lots to tell, although i probably wont end up telling it all :P

Mike, Craig and I decided to grab our surf boards and hit the waves in surfers paradise, well i say hit and thats actually all that happend, i managed to get up on the board once for around 3 seconds and that was about it, its very difficult to say the least! Most of the 'surfer dudes' here surf before work and after work to keep up their skills, so not surprising after 30mins i couldnt do it. We had a good old fashioned kick about with a footy on the beach which killed our feet especially mine which are now simlar to gandi's feet!
We then went into the main shopping area for a bit, grabbed some grub then headed home for some more swimming and jaccuzi time.

The next day we got up early and headed 2 hours north past Brisbane to Australia's zoo.

it wasnt the most comfortable ride as me and Craig were sitting on 2 plastic chairs in the back of his dads van. Nearly died twice with his heavy breaking and i nearly went through the window... thats another of my nine lifes out the window.

The zoo itself was wicked, very clean and all the animals were well looked after, and ATLAST i saw my first kangaroo. well i saw about 100 to be honest and manged to get right up close and stroke the little buggers. Was well funny when an Italian guy was clapping in the face of a Roo and the roo stood up on its back legs and started boxing with him, the bloke ran off quite quickly, stupid italiano's eh! :P it was nice also to see the elephants who were alot happier then the ones we rode and saw in Koh Phangan.

As it was a friday we went out that evening and surfers was packed, had a brilliant night and hit most of the clubs, dont actually remember the clubs BUT i had the stamps on my arms when i roled out of bed this morning so i take it i went to them :P.

Going out again tonight as its a saturday and Broad beach is suppose to be fantastic on a saturday. Love the way that all Australians seem to love wicked Dance music, there is a radio station called Metro and it plays dance music all day long, possibly the best radio station in the world.

Right im off back into the lovely sun, and top up my tan, amazing how quick u tan over here, apparantly something about a depleated ozone layer.. top stuff i say :)

X

my board
my board
best shop in the world
best shop in the world
a wild lizard, seen quite a few an…
a wild lizard, seen quite a few a…
Robina