Staying up all night with my cousin Cath

Ballina Travel Blog

The sunrise from Cath's balcony

Still on my drive from Sydney to Brisbane...

I stopped for the night in Ballina, where I had spent many a Christmas during my childhood, with my mother’s brother and his family. All four of my cousins have moved back to this gorgeous little seaside town in the last few years, and I spent a couple of nights staying with my cousin Cath. We met Cath’s youngest brother, Brendan at the pub for dinner where we stayed until late, drinking and catching up. Brendan is one of a kind. He rides a hideous old bike around town when he knows he’ll be drinking. He says it’s because he knows that no matter where he leaves it, nobody would want to steal it, so it’s always there when he comes back for it.

Cath and I stayed up all night chatting and drinking once we got back to her place. We stood on her balcony and watched the sunrise over the Pacific Ocean bringing another stunning day. Luckily, I only had a few hours to drive to my friend’s home in Brisbane where I would spend New Year. I was feeling a little worse for wear so Shane drove. We did make a pit stop though for chips, chocolate and coke-a-cola to help me through the day.

Here are a few shot of the sun rising from Cath’s balcony.

Sunflower300 says:
I don't know about you, but Cath and I got stuck into the Baileys and Cointreau. Hmmmmm yummy!
...and I don't get drunk, I just get a little tipsy. :)
Sweetski says:
I should have said 'sunrise' of course. Geezzz, whath hafe I been drinking,.... hik?
Sweetski says:
Luckily you weren't drunk enough to forget to take nice (and straight) pictures of the sunset.
Ballina