the countdown continues

London Travel Blog

Only 4 days left in Canada!  The boys have one day left at daycare, which means I have one day left of hard-core packing and clearing house without them underfoot.  Got lots accomplished today: changed over money, got rid of lots of junk (my neighbours from 2 doors down were over for a drink this evening after the boys had gone to bed, managed to pawn off a popcorn popper, assorted pantry items, halloween decorations etc), got most of our bags packed and weighed.  The huge duffle bag wouldn't sit very well on the scale, so hopefully it's not overweight.  So hard to decide exactly what to bring, and what to abandon (the giant halloween spider and web finally got ousted in the final cut, he's gone to a new home with our neighbours, but the fridge alphabet magnets and a lot of the boys books are still in).  I have a box of stuff that I'd like to get down eventually (to be left at my parents, and hopefully carried down by anyone who comes to visit), a few things to be stored indefinitely (my nice pots and pans that are too heavy to carry, but that I can't part with), and then the ever growing discard pile.

The boys are excited, and they've been really good about parting with all of their toys, save a small collection that went in one of the bags.  The week is filling up, with final visits of family and friends.   That's the tough part, the damper on a happy part of our lives, saying goodbye and not knowing when we'll be up next.  But can't wait to see all our friends in Roatan!

photo by: signedcutie