10:45 pm

Buenos Aires Travel Blog

Today is Sunday. Shannon´s friend, Jenny, came to visit from Thursday until today. We took her to La Boca. Interesting time. We went to a restaurant tango show and danced with the male dancer. Kirk arranged for us to take tango lessons on Wednesday. That should be a lot of fun. We also had a nice waiter named Lucas. He loved to take pictures! We even took pictures with him. Horrible cab ride back, but we made it alive even though we paid about 5 pesos too much because the driver decided to drive on the port. Oh boy. Things have been going well. I continue to enjoy my time here with all the GT people. Class is still pretty bad. I don´t understand most of what we talk about and I don´t really care about most of it either. The soccer stuff is very interesting, though I wish I could talk more to Michael about it. Email and 15 minute phone conversations isn´t really good enough to talk about miniscule school stuff. I cannot believe I still have about 8 weeks till I get to see him. It´s going by way too slow! I think things will speed up after the 2 week hump. This week is short for classes and we´ll have a long weekend where we´re going to Mendoza. I´m excited about that! Then every weekend after we already have plans to travel with Kirk. Then we´re out of Argentina and into the world of luxorious Brazil. Yeaa! We get to stay in really nice hotels and condos. I can´t wait. Argentina is great, but not that great. I really miss home in general. The pool, the weather, l´ville, the food, my parents, my car, my friends, my boyfriend. Gosh, I miss so much.