an icy wind over the water carries an echo from the dead world.

Ystad Travel Blog

the drive through.
it was chilly in smygehuk, at last my body surrendered to the blasts of the cold wind.when i looked up, poor mikael he was shivering in the cold from the distance, he was so nice, he didnt disturbed me in my thoughts, but it was time to go.

funny, in malmö it wasnt very cold, but now things began to change, not only the temperature but also the landscape, it was amazingly flat. the horizon can be seen at a great distance and as if the raging sea would just swallow this land. the waves crashed into the earth, like echos of an ancient civilization calling me. i know i would never felt this moment in my life again. it is a once in a lifetime experience.

beautiful.

we got inside the car and ate some of the bread, as we got hungry from the trip and the trip doenst just end here, this is not yet the climax, but im full of amazing emotions, i mean i had roadtripped so many places in my entire life, but this one, it just feels different, because i am on to something, i am going to see an ancient site, a calendar? a burial site? or just slabs of stones, i dont know.

then finally we drove to away from smygehuk to ystad, the last small city or town before our final destination which is kåseberga.

inside the car we were so cold, mikael turned the heater to let us warm, the drive was amazing, we drove through a road with forests, camping sites and the trees so beautful with their leaves changing it's color.

then suddenly, we were back in the coast again! and from the distant, i saw the cliffs already! it was a complete surprise for me, because the land is slowly jutting up from the flatlands forming cliffs in the distance. and i know from there, the majestic ruins of ale stenar is located, its not far, its within my grasp.

but first we have to drive through the small town of ystad, mikael asked me if i wanted to see the town, but i said no. i want to go directly to kåseberga.
lauro says:
thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog! ^_^
Petra2111 says:
Beautiful description!
azsalsa says:
Nice description of thoughts and landscape. Now I must backtrack and read the earlier entries!
Ystad