bumpy ride, sleepless night and what?! theyre chopping our train apart!

Hannover Travel Blog

i cant fell into deep sleep, the train was cracking too much, i thought it was gonna fall apart! hahaha. it was such a bumpy ride because the tracks that the train was using is different from the high speed one. i keep waking up in every bump, not helping that i was sleeping so tight in my place and trying not to bump the knee of the person across me.

about 1.30 - 2:00 am we stopped. it was the longest stop i had encountered. i can feel our train was moving, but not mechanically, it was moving as if something was pulling it! i felt i needed to go to the toilet, when i got out of the small cabin to the toilet, it was dark outside but there were lights and i gasped, because there are about hundreds of separate train cars in this area!

i peered through the window and see that they were chopping other trains! hahahaha, it was weird! then it hit me, now at this point, theyre trying to segregate trains coming from the east, west. i mean, passengers who are all going to berlin and to copenhagen. i was flabbergasted when i went to the toilet! suddenly, there was no other car behind us! we are the last car because in the beginning we were the first! hahhaha how peculiar!

i was still amazed by what happened, and i am dying for a smoke, but i dont want to, i dont want to be reprimanded by the schaffner. outside the cabins, lots of people are standing or sleeping in the small train corridor because they dont have any reservations, it was chilly, but nothing i can do.

when i went back to the cabin, it was a struggle, as all people were sleeping, so what i did i hold into the upper railings and made a tarzan cling, well of cheetah's cling actually and landed with a thud on my seat! hahahahahaha.
lauro says:
oooppppsss! i hope he didnt got angry!
Posted on: Feb 13, 2009
azsalsa says:
I did a similar move on a long flight to Seoul. I was climbing over the guy on the aisle but unfortunately kicked his glass of water over...into his lap.....not a nice way to wake up!
Posted on: Feb 13, 2009