Queensland: Beautiful one day, perfect the next

Sunshine Coast Travel Blog

Dad at the Buderim Ginger Factory

Three weeks staying with my dad, will we both survive? Now THAT is the question.

Dad lives on the sunny Sunshine Coast, one hour north of Brisbane. I had a wonderful time soaking up the sun and relaxed atmosphere, and catching up with my dear friend Renee, who is like a sister to me and another daughter to my dad.

I spent my days walking to the beach and swimming in the surf with Renee, hitting golf balls at the driving range with dad, walking in the lush rainforests of Buderim and spending time with my beautiful niece and two nephews. In the evenings, if we weren’t discovering new restaurants, we walked along the boardwalk at Mooloolaba enjoying the balmy weather.

Buderim Forest

Renee and I took a couple of drives up to Noosa, the wonderful resort town, where we enjoyed lunch and sat drinking wine overlooking the beautiful Noosa Beach, then walking along the boardwalk licking ice-cream.

Christmas lunch was a wonderful occasion at an old friend’s home in the Sunshine Coast hinterland, sitting out on their deck enjoying the view and the beautiful warm weather.

For New Year, Renee and I went to the largest folk festival in the Southern Hemisphere, the Woodford Folk Festival (see review).

It was wonderful spending three weeks in shorts and t-shirts, something I don’t get to do very often living here in Tasmania. The Sunshine Coast is a fantastic summer destination, with warm balmy nights and hot days, sandy beaches and wonderful friendly locals.

Mooloolabah Boardwalk
New Year fireworks
New Year fireworks
Neices and nephews
Neices and nephews
Tyron, Jeremy and Stephanie (My ne…
Tyron, Jeremy and Stephanie (My n…
Lush palm