Halong Bay - Hanoi

Halong Bay Travel Blog

Sylvia and I woke up early the following day in hopes to catch sight of the sunrise, but it was drizzling so we just headed to the dining area for breakfast. After pictures and more group pictures, we met up with another boat (of the same company), and Vanessa and Mark, who were on a 3 day, 2 nights tour transferred to the other boat while the ones on the other boat on an overnight tour, transferred to ours.

Cruising back to the Halong City pier, I wondered if I was ever going to come back and see the Bay again in my lifetime. It’s probably one of the most serene places I’ve been to, and it’d be definitely worth it to comeback again.

A few minutes from the wharf, we were led to a Vietnamese restaurant where we had our last meal all together before heading back to Hanoi.

We arrived at our hostel at around 4pm, washed up and then took off again to visit St. Joseph’s Cathedral and the Lake which was just a few blocks away from our Hostel. Exhausted from the day’s travel, we stopped for dinner at a cheap roadside restaurant for Pho noodles and Coke (less than USD1 all in all!) before heading back to our hostel to retire.

Halong Bay