Enroute to Hanoi through Singapore

Singapore Travel Blog

I left my hometown, Iloilo City, the night before my morning flight to Singapore through Philippine Airlines. All the while I was informed that the international terminal opens at 1:30 am and that i wouldnt have to wait for long to get in. But lo and behold, I ended up sleeping in one of the benches outside the terminal since it opens at 4:30 am.

I have been travelling a lot of domestic flights in the previous year and so i was quite elated when weird enough, they upgraded my ticket to business class.  I guess there weren't much passengers booked for the flight. Lucky me!

I met up with Sylvia at Changi Airport since she took another plane but with the same schedule as mine. From Terminal 2, we took the free shuttle bus to the Budget terminal for our 4pm flight to Hanoi.

Changi Airport is such an organized maze that one can never get lost. All the signs have both Chinese and English translations. The budget airport is a 5 minute shuttle ride away from Terminal 2. There's a food court just upon the terminal entry, and the food’s quite affordable as well. I had a big serving of chicken curry and rice for lunch which only cost me SGD 5.

Hanoi is a 3 1/2 hour plane ride away from Singapore. And good thing I was able to catch some sleep on the plane.

Singaopores Budget Terminal looks…
Singaopore's Budget Terminal look…
All these for SGD5