SYTA Convention 2007

Whistler Travel Blog

September 7--12, 2007:  What a great time in an amazing place.  We found ourselves coming up with new words to describe the beauty of this slice of heaven.  "Morgeous" was the term most used.  It was more gorgeous than you can imagine.  And what were we doing there?  Why, we were on "workation!"  :)

If you get the chance to take the gondola up to the Roundhouse on Whistler Mountain, make sure you keep an eye out for bears.  They do come out under the gondola path, and we did see a mother and her young cub looking for berries as we rode to the Roundhouse.  Also, you HAVE to take the ski-lift to the top, even if you're not a skier or an extreme biker (depending on the season).   I'll warn you though, if you live at sea level (as I and the two guys from L.A. discovered), you will get winded!  Shortness of breath aside, what a great place to be with other SYTA members.  I wish I had taken more pictures and brought an oxygen mask (OK, I'm kidding)

It was a long trip home, but well worth the day to travel there from Virginia Beach, and the nearly full day to return.

If anyone's heading to Virginia Beach or to the Outer Banks of North Carolina, let me know.  I know of a few great places to stay.

3,990 km (2,479 miles) traveled