Ready to go ....
Los Angeles Travel Blog› entry 1 of 11 › view all entries
Jeep loaded, packed with everything we needed for our beach camping trip together to El Golfo De Santa Clara, Mexico. Friday at work… we couldn’t sit still; we were counting the minutes to run to the parking lot to leave before traffic consumes the Los Angeles freeways.
Noon time, off we go leaving the city of concrete jungles & smog behind us … smiles on both our faces, we couldn’t help it. It felt so surreal. One of our most passionate things we both love is travel. Here, for the first time we’re heading out of the USA after waiting patiently for the Mexico summer heat to be over and the scents of BBQ taking over the quaint streets.
Our packing checklist:
· Small tent for two, extra plastic pin downs for the tent
· Ice chest with water, wine and iced coffee
· Imperishable food (a must) for emergency. (peanut butter good source of nutrients)
· Propane lantern, extra propane and mantels
· Grill, coal & equip
· Cinder block
· Beach chairs
· Emergency kit- knives
· LED small flashlights tied on us at all times - that was the best investment we made, we had no idea….
· Directions and compass
· Very light on clothes
· Laptop for movie watching
· Petty cash - and hidden emergency money
· Plenty of burned CD’s
· Small camera
· PASSPORTS J
· Our hearts open to experience anything and anywhere we go
We were rookies though; keep reading and we will tell you what we learned from our first camping trip together …
The drive … amazing sunny desert blue skies, rain, some fantastic moody Jazz that our friend Tony put together, rainbows and snacks, who could ask for more… we have a long way ahead, but as soon as we left the City behind we were not in a hurry…