The wet but wonderful waterfalls!

Foz do Iguacu Travel Blog

On Monday we left the Brazilian side to make our way to the Argentinian siade of Iguazu falls. While we were waiting at the bus stop we met up with Anna & Mike (Our Aussie firends) who were going to the same place. Going through immigration on the Brazilian side and waiting for the bus to take us to Argentina took us a few hours so it was a good job we didnt have anything planned. Originally we were going to stay in a hostel inbetween the waterfalls and the town as it had a pool but as the weather was so bad we decided to stay in a hostel in town with Anna & Mike. We found one which cost less than five pounds for a double room and shared bathroom -  we couldnt believe how cheap it was especially after Brazil. For lunch we had a gorgeous steak baguette for about a pound - unbelievable! In the evening we went out together for an oriental meal, which was delicious and so different  to what we had been eating. It was so nice meeting a couple that we both got on so well with.

On Monday night the weather was terrible, there was so much rain (and that coming from a Welshie must mean it was a lot!) also there was a thunder and lightening strom. At first we were umming and ahhing about whether to go to the waterfalls but in the end we decided to put on our waterproof coats, shorts and flip flops and face the weather! The Argentinian side of the waterfalls was much more how I imagined them to be. It was more jungle like and you had a choice of various walks if you wanted to do any. We firstly went to Devils throat, which was the largest and most spectacular of the waterfalls. It was fantastic, just like you were in the waterfalls and they were all so close you could more or less reach over to touch them. After all the various walks we decided to take a speed boat trip. Im so glad we did it last though as we got soaked and I mean soaked through to your undies (I was clever and wore a bikini!). The boat trip itself involved you going under various waterfalls, a once in a lifetime experience. It was so good looking up and knowing you were under a waterfall.

Today we were supposed to be going on a 20 hour bus journey to Cordoba but my stomach took a turn for the worse early hours this morning. We thought it best to postpone our trip for another day. I dont think Russell was too disappointed  as it meant he could watch England play Russia. After the match though I think he wished he hadnt seen it as they lost! Our friends Anna and Mike left to go to Buenos Aires today, which was a bit sad as they are heading to Patagonia but they are going to live in Ireland after their travels so we hope to catch up with them then.

Fingers crossed, we will be heading to Cordoba tomorrow but only time will tell.......

Foz do Iguacu