Russells not so happy birthday...

Sao Paulo Travel Blog

Well it is Russells birthday today and unfortunately we have spent all of the day doing tag team back and forth to the toilet....yes its the first upset stomachs of the trip!

Our time is Sao Paulo hasnt been a great success, the hostel we were staying in was awful. It was single sex dorms, which was not a problem but mine was on the floor where all the building work was being done. I was also sharing a room with a rather strange girl, who made me feel a bit uncomfortable (you know sometimes you just get the feeling you dont like/trust someone?!) and hence I did not have a good night sleep.

We decided to move to a Formula One hotel which was just next door, the same price but loads nicer. Yesterday (Wednesday) we spent the day having a wander around the city and in the afternoon we went up a Santander sponsored building to view Sao Paulo from up high. It was huge, I thought someone was telling fibs when they said it was the 4th largest city in the world but from up there you could see why! The plan in the evening was to get some food, get ready and head to a few bars for an early birthday celebration for Russell, however neither of us felt 100% so we decided to give it a miss. Im glad we did now as I dont think drinking would have helped!

Today has so far been spent in the hotel room watching BBC World which never seems to have any new stories and seems to just replay the stories constantly. We have finally gathered all of our energy to go to a nearby internet cafe so here I am..... I think the plan is for us to go to an Italian restaurant tonight and not the Japanese one as planned and to postpone Russells birthday until we feel better. The only blessing is that we are in a room with an ensuite and the 15 hour bus journey is not until tomorrow!

mannytwins says:

Sounds like your having a good old time apart from the big white phone incident. Hope russell is not to unbearable on the 15 hour bus journey as i am having memories of a said family holiday driving across France if it helps he likes to play camps in the back of the bus lol.
Hope your both starting to feel better by the time u get this email. Look forward to starting to see some pics and maybe even chat on skype.
take care