Port Macquarie

Port Macquarie Travel Blog

We caught the bus to Port Macquarie on Sunday, arriving in time to check into our room. We were staying in a dorm but on a campsite. It was really nice as most of the people there were Australians on holiday and also it had a swimming pool and was right next to the sea.

We only spent one full day there as we havent left ourselves alot of time to head up to Cairns. The day was amazing though. We thought we would walk to the Rainforest centre via the coastal walk, however we lost the path somewhere and ended up walking alongside the main roads and boy were they steep! For lunch we stopped at a lookout site, but as soon as we got there I spotted what I thought was a crocodile behind Russell. Obviously it wasnt a croc but a massive lizzard, I was scared as I thought it might bite us. It decided to block our path out and I didnt want to walk past it as I was convinced it would attack us. Eventually after Russell threw a bit of twig at it, it moved out of our way and we were free to walk to the rainforest centre. The centre was really good, a boardwalk around a rainforest, explaining about the wildlife and vegetation which lives there. On the way back we managed to stick to the coastal path and the views were amazing, we were walking along deserted beaches, so different to Sydney.

Port Macquarie