Our first thai massage and Ruins by bike...

Sukhothai Travel Blog

We had a suprisingly relaxing bus journey to Sukhothai as there was no thai music blaring or thai comedy sketches being shown on the tv. When we arrived at the station we didnt have much of a clue where we were going so when the owner of a Guest House approched us we decided to go there. In the afternoon we decided to explore the town a bit and stopped for a drink in a bar. It was in such a good position as it was on the 2nd floor so it meant I could people watch without them seeing me. That evening we went for our first thai massage, well all I can say is that I never knew I could get my body in all of those positions. All I kept thinking was poor Russell hes going to want to kill me as he isnt the most flexible so is probably hating every moment!

The next morning was spent in the doctors, where Russell found out he had sinisitus. The guest house owner was very kind and took us there and waited for us. It also helped that the doctor spoke very good english. In the afternoon we caught the bus to Sukhothai Historical Park and rented some bikes. It was so nice cycling around the park and a good way to see the ruins. There were alot of children on school trips there and they kept saying hello to us and taking our photos, which was quite funny!

Sukhothai