Last day in Rio

Rio de Janeiro Travel Blog

Since I last wrote on here we have been busy with our sightseeing...

The football was amazing words cannot describe how passionate people are about football. We were sat in amongst all of the fans who were singing, letting off flares and generally going mental. We have some videos and photos on our camera which I will try and put on here soon but they do not do the atmosphere justice. I am so glad however that we went with a group instead of on our own as I think I would have been a bit scared!

We made our own way by bus and train to visit `Christ the Redemeer´ or ´The Man´ as he is affectionately known my myself and Russell. The views over the city were brilliant and the statue itself was very impressive.

This morning we went on a Favela Tour, which was one of the best things we have done since we have got here.

We were taken by motorbike by some locals to the top of the Favela and we walked all the way through to the bottom. We were shown around and everything was explained to us how they live. The people in the Favela were very friendly and not once did I feel indimidated. The way the whole tour was organised made it worthwhile and it wasnt the case of us looking at the poor people as the drug dealers who run the place certainly earn more money than I could ever imagine.

We had to move hostels on Friday as our hostel was booked up but the one we are in at the moment is no where near as good. We are moving to a place called Paraty tomorrow just down the coast which is supposed to be very beautiful and has more beaches, so should be good.

Hope you are all well and love to you all x