Flat Battery in Queenstown

Queenstown Travel Blog

The following day we drove to Queenstown, stopping off at Puzzle World on the way. It had a 3D maze, which we decided to do. It was supposed to take about an hour to find four corners and the way out. Finding the corners wasnt too bad, we did that in record time - finding our way out was a different story. After an hour and a half we were no closer to finding the way out and we seemed to be walking around in circles, so much to the disgust of Russell we used the emergency exit!

After getting lost and nearly ending up at a ski resort as I was too busy eating icecream to navigate, we made it to Queenstown. For some reason I didnt imagine it to be as scenic and beautiful as it was. We stayed at a Department of Conservation campsite outside Queenstown to save some money, but there were so many sandflies it was horrible. Poor Russell had to go outside and cook food!

The following morning we had a bit of a nightmare as the car wouldnt start. Luckily there were 2 local men walking their dogs so one of them went home and brought us some jump leads. Such a nice man, if it wasnt for him we would have had to walk miles to get to the nearest phonebox. We checked into a campsite in the centre of Queenstown, which was so nice and ended up bumping into Charlie, Alex and Kath so arranged to go out with them later that evening. That afternoon Russell went off white water rafting and I had a browse around the shops. I tried to get my glasses fixed as the screw had fallen out but the opticians were not open on weekends. Its things like that you take for granted at home, no wonder not many people wear glasses in New Zealand!

photo by: genetravelling