Final days in New Zealand

Christchurch Travel Blog

Our final few days were spent in Christchurch, spending one night in a campsite and the rest in a hostel. It took ages to clean out "lucy" and it was amazing how much junk we had accumulated. Russell went and watched a local football match while I was doing the cleaning as there was not enough room to both be doing it - Im well trained arent I?! In the evening we decided to have a go on the trampoline and swings but I ended up falling over on the trampoline and cutting my foot - whoops!

We gave "Lucy" back on the Monday and ended up having to pay about 100 pounds after the post box incident, even after Russell pleaded, begged and shouted! We checked ourselves into a hostel called Foley Towers and spent the rest of the afternoon looking around the centre. For dinner that evening we went to a Japanese cafe. The food was so different to anything I have eaten before, I wasnt too keen on the pizza as it was a bit fishy and the Miso soup tasted like horlicks but apart from that it was really nice.

On Tuesday Russell wanted to watch Fulham play so he went to another hostel while I started my christmas shopping. I also got my haircut for about 3 pounds - bargain or what and I even had hair left at the end of it! The rest of the morning was spent going to the outskirts of town going on the gondala. The views from the top were brilliant and after looking around the observation deck, walking around the crater rim and going on the time travel 'ride' we made our way back into the city. That afternoon we had a look around the botanical gardens before going to the museum. It was the best free museum ever, it had so much interesting stuff so we spent pretty much the whole afternoon there. In the evening we went to the cinema and watched 'Lions for Lambs' - not something I would normally watch but still really good.

The next day was the day we left New Zealand and headed to our next country Australia.......hoping for lots of hot weather and nice weather!

Christchurch