Cooking classes and Long Neck Ladies

Chiang Mai Travel Blog

After leaving Mae Sot we were quite relieved to get somewhere quite touristy and safe! Chang Mai was a really nice city with lots of things to see and do. On Monday we took part in a Thai cooking course, which involved us cooking about 6 dishes and eating them all (definately the best part of it). It was really good fun and we learnt how to make some really nice stuff, which I will obviously be showcasing when I get home for anyone wanting a taster :)

While in Chiang Mai we decided to do an organised trek to a village, where the long neck ladies live (the ones with hoops around their necks). The walk there was really enjoyable apart from when I fell over,cut my knee and worst of all ripped my trustee trousers. The village itself was very small and we all had huts to stay in. The long necked ladies arrived back from work toopen shops and sell handmade scarves and souvenirs, it was really interesting looking at them but I didnt really want to take any photos as I felt a bit rude. After dinner the men of the village lit a campfire and we all sat around while they played the guitar and singing.The next day we went elephant riding, white water rafting and bamboo rafting, but it was completely disorganised and unfortunately not what we were expecting. All the group made the best out the situation and we all had a great laugh.

Chiang Mai