Brisbane & Australia Zoo

Brisbane Travel Blog

After nearly missing our bus from Byron as it was a different bus to what we have been travelling on, we eventually made it to Brisbane. We decided to spend the afternoon exploring Brisbane so walked through the botanical gardens, across the river and to the 'beach'! For those of you with good geography, I havent gone mad, I know it is not next to the sea but they have created an artificial beach with sand. That evening we went for a chinese and a few drinks before heading back to the hostel as we were getting up early to go to Australia Zoo. Unfortunately the rest of the hostel were only waking up as we were going to bed, so we didnt get the best nights sleep. It also didnt help I got woken up by some bloke trying to get me to go out at about 3am and  thinking I was someone else and I thought it was Russell so after much confusion I got back to sleep.

Saturday was spent in Australia Zoo, home of the Crocodile Hunter. We watched a tortoise show and elephants being fed before heading to the Crocoseum. Firstly Bindi and the Crocmen sang and danced, much to the happiness of all the children. We then saw birds, snakes and finally the Crocodile show with Terri Irwin. It was so good and well worth going to, just for the show alone. It was a bit strange however as they seemed to act like Steve Irwin was still alive and had video clips of him and were talking to the video clips. The rest of the afternoon was spent visiting the rest of the animals in the zoo and I even managed to get a photo with a koala..

Brisbane