Brazilian Adventures

Rio de Janeiro Travel Blog

View of Ipanema Beach

Well we arrived in Rio safe and sound and even managed to gte ourselves on a bus (with air conditioning!) to drop us off at the bottom of our hotel road. I did struggle slightly with my bag  and am beginning to think maybe I didnt need quite so much essential stuff!

The weather here has been beautiful and considering it is supposed to be rainy season we have not seen a drop of rain (touch wood!). For our first meal we went to a pay per kilo restaurant, after choosing our food we had it weighed - mine costed £2.50 and Russells costed £7!! I think he got slightly carried away with the rice. We have been into the centre of Rio and followed a walking tour in the lonely planet book (that book is brilliant, its like our bible). Rio is amazing city with so many contrasts- rich, poor, old and new and it certainly is a city that never sleeps.

After our 2 nights in a luxury hotel, we began roughing it proper traveller style. We are staying in a youth hostel in Ipanema, which is a much nicer area than Copacabana. Everyone here has been really friendly and we have been chatting to loads of different people. Both Russell and myself are on the top of a three bedded bunk, its really high but I havent fallen out.....yet! We are off to a football match tonight which has been booked through the hostel so should be quite interesting. I think we are going to move on Saturday to a town called Paraty so need to sort out a bus now......

mannytwins says:
hi

pleased your both having a fab time and that the youth hostel was not as bad as you were thinking it might be. All is good hear mum sends her love although getting her to find this was painful lol. Will email at the weekend.
Posted on: Oct 08, 2007
MummyBev says:
hi both glad you having fun bet u were full russ after all that rice!!(hey it's Trash, mum's taken half an hour to write this! lol) p.s i just read it all out to dad and sharon too, god uve got good english haha lol, glad to hear ur finding ur feet!) write to u soon love you both Mummy,Phily,Mitch,and tash - p.s billie and tia say hi
Posted on: Oct 04, 2007