Babies while in Bangkok

Bangkok Travel Blog

Before you all start getting excited/scared, no I am not pregnant and no I have not stolen any Thai babies, but Amanda (Russells sister) gave birth to twins - Amy and Luke on 15th February. As you can imagine we were both very excited - Russell because he had become an uncle twice and myself as I am going to be the babies adopted welsh aunty :) Even though the babies were born 6 weeks early, they are both doing really well and so is their mum.

We had heard alot of bad reviews about Bangkok before we got there and most people we spoke to seemed to not really like the city, but despite all this I really liked it. The only time I was scared was when I was travelling in a Tuk Tuk (a motorbike at the front and 2 seats in the back). They drove like maniacs especially if you haggled over the price, which obviously we did everytime.

Saturday was spent looking around the shopping centres close to our hotel and the evening was spent watching the football (somethings never change!) I cant really complain though as this is the first country we have been in where the time difference allows us to watch english football live and poor Russell is a bit football sick.

The next day we went to the weekend market, but we had to hide in the train station for over half an hour as it was pouring down with rain. The market itself was huge, they even gave you a map to stop you getting lost. I bought a few things there but it was also very good for browsing.

Our final day in Bangkok was spent looking around the Grand Palace and some temples. The Grand Palace was really busy, not really with tourists but millions of thai people dressed in black. We found out it was because the Kings sister had recently died and her body was on display for thai people to pay their last respects. We did nearly get scammed by a local on our last day, as some bloke told us the temple we were going to was closed for a few hours that afternoon, but his taxi driver friend could take us to another temple for a "good price". Luckily we ignored him and went to the temple anyway, which was open - what a nasty man!

Bangkok