Kites and Party!!

Cliftonville Travel Blog

Are we there yet?

Today we had a birthday party to go to in Cliftonville, near Margate in Kent.  Having talked to my friend Claire on the phone the other day to check that party was still on - hadn't had invite yet, but knew date and location but not times, she had mentioned that on the beach near them was an Kite Festival.  So I thought why not lets go and have a look before the party.

Sam was really excited about going to 'Little Johns' party and off we set. I hate the drive through Canterbury, always loads of traffic - but it wasn't too bad today.  The childen went to sleep in the back of the car, and so did Pete in the front - just as well I was driving!!!

We arrived at Palm Bay, just past Cliftonville and saw lots of Kites flying high in the sky.

Can you see the kites?
  I never realsed how many different sorts of kite you can get.  We got out of the car and walked to the main display area.  As we got nearer a kite flying display started - 3 kites flying in the sky controlled by one man doing acrobics in the air.  It was amazing to watch, unfortunatly one thing you can not control is the wind and although there was a breeze it wasn't always in the right place!!  This often caused the kites to come down during the different displays.

We had a look at the different Kite stalls and then had chips for lunch - I knew my freind would be putting on a large spread of food for the party, so didn't want to fill ourselves up too much!!  When the chips were finished we headed off to 'Little Johns' party.

Three year olds partys are great - let them in the garden and play, feed and cake!!!

kamja says:
2 kites part of an air display
2 kites part of an air display
the funfair!!
the funfair!!
The fairground beyound the display…
The fairground beyound the displa…
catchinh the breeze