The final hours

Havana Travel Blog

We got up late, went down to the town again and wandered about getting lost because we looked at the map. Had great craic trying to find where we were. The best craic though was when we were in one particular shop and we were getting hounded for the 7 millionth time so I started speaking to Rab in a language I made up and he started speaking to me back in the same language (ok his own version) then I started to ask the guys in the shop questions in this new language. It was deadly. We just about held a straight face until we left the shop. It sounded halfway between russian and japanese!

After all those shennanigans, we eventually hailed a rickshaw and took it back to the hotel. Again, it was an experience and when we got back we got our bags, had some dinner and headed off to the airport! What a trip. My summary... Cuba seems like a wonderful country that is suffering due to the stupidness of it's own leader as well as the idiotness of the leaders of the western world. Still don't get the cigar thing. Cuban women are beautiful and the sights are lovely. I look forward to returning there one day. I hope when I do, the people will be in a better position than they are now. Oh and my most important observation from my time there... ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS DAQUIRIS AND MOJITOS! A Drinking Heaven.

Havana