SPA at Jürmala

Jurmala Travel Blog

Jürmal

Jürmala is the largest resort city in the Baltic States, witch is well known for its natural treasures, mild climate, the sea, healthy air, curative mud and mineral water.  The attraction of Jürmala hides in its 32 km long white sand beach, large pine forests and natural border of the city, the river Lielupe.

In Jürmala you will discover a combination of charming wooden houses build in the beginning of the last century and modern resort buildings.

Jürmala is also known for SPA centres and we had made time for a full day of relax and massage at Baltic Beach Hotel.  We planed to go to Jürmala by train, we even bought the train tickets, but we missed the train by a few minutes.   As we had our massage treatment ordered in advance we could not wait for the next train, so we decided to go by one of the minibuses.

Arriving Jürmala in god time for treatment we decided to walk down to the beach.  Even in December the beach is beautiful, I understand that this is a paradise in summer time.  Both Ingvild and I had our bikinis with us, and we considerate to change and have a short bath but the time was to close to our treatment at the SPA.

But we had some nice photos taken at the beach.

We went up to Baltic Bach Hotel to enjoy the SPA services.

The centre offers consultations with professional balneologists and a rehabilitation specialist to determine the best treatment package.

There is also a medical doctor to consult.

We were offered subcutal injections, intramuscular injections and intravenous injections of as different treatment, but none of us signed up for this.  Perhaps I should have taken my chance to have a butox injection or two, but I do not like the needles.

Here I could choose between Champagne shower, For Ever Young Facial (it’s to late for me), Caviar Body Treatment ( l realised it was not eating caviar), Chocolate Wrapping (to sweet for me), Pearl Bath, Laser Therapy (cold not decide which part of the body), SPA Programme Red Wine (sh.. I didn`t know about this)……………and about hundred more treatments.

I had my program ready before leaving Trondheim.

On my schedule I had massage with the Volcanic Stones, manicure and pedicure.

Getting ready for SPA

I was looking forward to 5 hour of treatment.

I started with the Volcanic Stone massage, and it was something different, never had it before and will never have it again, at least not with the therapist I had at the SPA.  One of my friends had the same therapist as I had, I had told her about my experience so she was well prepared.  But we did have a talking session about it the same evening, to avoid late traumatic shock.

Why?  OK the treatment with warm Volcanic stone was very nice, but the things in between.........  I thought the therapist was a shaman using a mouth harmonica, small cymbals singing and humming (had a nice voice though).  If you ever had had resonance therapy you will understand me.  I just have to ask you did your therapist sing in/at/on your body (read shoulders, toes, knees bottom)...........?  We have been laughing a lot over this experience afterwards, but I have to say I were rather sceptic during the treatment.

All over we had a very nice day at Baltic Beach Hotel SPA.

And I can consider going back to Jürmala in summer time.

The guys had manicure