The Blue Lagoon

Blue Lagoon Travel Blog

• The Saga Museum: So today I had to pack and leave Iceland. After 5 wonderful days of unforgettable experiences, I decided to end my trip with the famous Blue Lagoon. It is on the way to the airport, so I packed my bags, had breakfast, checked out and left towards this geothermal spa. It was raining as usual and I found the Perlan on the way to the airport so I was not gonna leave Iceland without visiting the Saga Museum. The ticket lady who rejected me yesterday was there, but she was nice this time... The museum is small and summarizes the vikings' settlement stories and legends (aka the Sagas) with wax figures and an audio tour. It was very, very interesting and I'm so glad I stopped by.

• Bláa Lónið - Blue Lagoon: The funny thing is that the hotel lady said there would be a sign with "blue lagoon" so it would be easy to find.
    Well, that was true, it said blue lagoon... in Icelandic! So remember Bláa Lónið, because that's what it says in the sign where you have to turn left.

• The place must be the most commercialized tourist trap in Iceland, but it's still extraordinary and very clean and enjoyable. Once you get inside they give you a bracelect with a sensor you use to enter and open your locker. You should bring a towel, or like me, rent one for about $5. You store your clothes and then take a shower before going to the geothermal pools. The great thing about this place is that it doesn't have the sulfur stink, and the warm sea water feels awesome when it's cold, windy and raining outside. There are boxes with some white silica mud that you can cover your face with and it's supposed to be really good for your skin.

• I stayed in the water for an hour, slowly walking around the whole pool. I really enjoyed it. This was very relaxing and rejuvenating, the perfect closing for my icelandic trip.
Blue Lagoon