Washington DC Day 5

Washington Travel Blog

Day 5:

Checkout and we were supposed to go to DC by Amtrak, but they decided to go by bus. I was so busy arraigning stuff (because this threw off the whole schedule with the Pentagon in DC) that I didn’t notice my bags were not onboard when we left. :s Which I found out when we got to DC.

Aaaanyway, finally arriving in DC we went for a tour through the Pentagon, we met up with another person of the group as well, who was already in DC.

We actually stood where the plane went in on 9-11.  That kind of makes you contemplate stuff. But not for long, because I was surrounded by cute marines. What is it with me and men in uniform?

During the tour the group got to talk with Vice Admiral John Cotton, which was very interesting, but I had to step out, since my boss went ahead to the hotel, found out it was terrible and checked everybody into the Hilton. So I was standing in some little office where I noticed the glass was yellow colored. Me, in all my innocence, while staring outside, asked this guy whether it was to keep out the heat or something. No, he said, It’s to keep snipers from getting a good shot off. Roight… thanks…

After the Pentagon we went to the Hotel to check in, everybody was a bit tired and/or stressed so when we got picked up by the bus who drove us to the Oddesey ( a ship that toured DC by night, with all the monuments lit up, with dinner and dancing) everybody relaxed and had a great time.

photo by: b93sp