New York Day 2

New York Travel Blog

Day2:

A tour through the museum of Modern Art, an hour before it opened. That was really awesome, to be so close to the artworks, so close you could touch them, which of course you really don’t want to do, not unless you like to be tackled by 3 security guards who use you for their very own NFL practice.

The MoMa was followed by a tour through Manhattan, where we saw ground zero (very impressive, but a lot smaller then I would’ve imagined) Visited Trinity Church (which was good for me, since this day was the day my mother died 3 years ago), the place where John Lennon got shot, and his memorial in Central Park and a beautifull view of Ellis Island and old Libby, after that we had lunch at The Boathouse in Central Park. Beautiful location!

Everybody then went to see the Top of the Rock for the best view of New York,  and then decided to go back to the hotel or do some shopping.

In the evening we had dinner at Sparks, a restaurant known for the fact that a well known Mafioso was shot right outside while entering the restaurant. The waiter Dave was a real charmer, when he said I should come work over there, and I answered with “I need a Green card first”, he gave me a line that came right out of the Soprano’s: “Green card? Fowghet about iht!” He was great, and cute to haha.

The stakes they served in there, I swear they were still moo-ing when you cut them, I mean, they were huge, they needed their own saddle! When we got back to the bus, the bus died. It broke down, so then I had to do something which I have only seen people in movies do: stand on a corner, whistle on your fingers and flag a cab down. And not one cab, no..5 of them. And it worked to, so cool! It’s the little things in life….