Lisbon Portugal 2005

Lisbon Travel Blog

The view from our apartment.

In the summer of 2005, I stayed in Almada for 2 weeks. We rented an apartment from the parents of a colleague of mine. Every day we took the ferry (15 min) to get us to Lisbon. Lisbon is a really nice city to visit. The Portuguese are really friendly people.

There was a festival in Castelo S. Jorge with live music, a lot of food and of course beers. The castle is built on top of the hill and very close to the city's center. It is an extraordinary site and the view from the top is amazing. It is definetly a place not to be missed.

Belem is worth a visit. To see Mosteiro dos Jeronimos and The Belem Tower (Torre de Belem). The Belem Tower  is an imposing monument that dates from around 1515 and was built as a fortress to protect Lisbon harbour.

We went with the neighbours to a beach party and visit some bars in the Bairro Alto.  One thing I didn’t like was the temperature of the water. I almost got a heart attack when I wanted to take a swim. But you get used to it.

Lucky for me there was a football match. I love to see a game of  football in the places I visit. Benfica was playing a friendly match against Chelsea. Benfica lost wit 0-1.

I loved the Bacalhau, can’t get enough of it!
sylviandavid says:
was the water hot or cold? Sylvia
Posted on: Sep 30, 2007