Sydney Olympic Park

Sydney Travel Blog

Telstra stadium

This whole week I decided not to go into the city, because the APEC was going to be held there.  Security was tight and they even put a wall around the convention center.  The nice thing though, is that today was declared a holiday :)

We thought of going somewhere near, and since we needed some ideas of what places to go to outside of Sydney, we dropped by the visitor centre at the Olympic Park.  Since I'm a huge sports fan, it was also one of the places I had to see (again) anyway.  I like seeing the stadiums and arenas where many sports events are being held like the Telstra stadium -- even just from the outside :P  I've a thing for all these huge stadiums, I think it's because we don't have much of those in Manila, except a few coliseums which are mainly for basketball.

Before the day ended we went to DFO (Direct Fashion Outlet), which was also in Homebush.  Lots of brands here and the items are generally cheaper, and a lot of stock are on sale.  Roxy, Billabong, here I come! :D hahaha

monument