Bicentennial park

Sydney Travel Blog

Aquatic centre

I wanted to get a feel of how my friends lived in Sydney, so I wanted to go to the places they usually go to on weekends, or just to get out of the house.

So we went to Bicentennial Park, which is in the Olympic Park.  Here the kids bike around and play in the playground and in the open space.  Some even hold children's parties there, you could barbecue and at least you don't have to think too much of how to entertain the kids. Hehehe.  We settled into one of the benches near the lake, ate, and watched the people there and the ducks in the lake.  After a while we noticed that there were eels there, too.  We threw bits of the chips to the ducks, which they ate, but what was funny was that the eels ate it too. They must have been hungry.  When we were about to leave, a couple of kids started feeding them fruit loops.  Either the ducks and the eels didn't like fruit loops, or they were already full from all the chips they ate ;P

But before that we took a peek at the Aquatic centre.  I like watching swimming competitions, so it was nice to see some of the memorabilia that were there.  There were autographed shirts on display, and I think seeing the ones signed by Alexander Popov and Ian Thorpe made my day.  Hahaha, kidding :)

australian idols, yeah!